maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Is there a way to make a mojo run after "deploy" completion?
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2017 16:47:05 GMT
Hi,

On 03/09/17 18:21, Steinar Bang wrote:
> I would like to run a mojo to run after deploy has completed
> successfully, to notify some OSGi bundles running in karaf, that they
> should update themselves with new deployed snapshots in a maven
> repository.
>
> The problem is that the deploy lifecycle phase is the last lifecycle
> phase of the default lifecycle
>   http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.5.0/maven-core/lifecycles.html
>
> Ie. there is no "post-deploy" lifecycle phase to run my mojo in.

We are thinking already of such things and which might be part of Maven
4+...[1]

[1]:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5666

> Is there a way to order mojos bound to the same lifecycle, so that my
> mojo will only run after maven-deploy-plugin has done its thing?

Usually if you bind a another plugin to the life cycle all plugins from
the default life cycle will run first....if your plugin is bound to an
life cycle like "deploy"....

> (Preferrably only run my mojo if deployment has been successful, though
> I could live with running it every time)

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise