maven-users mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <Justin.George...@halliburton.com>
Subject Maven properties passed to external ant build file
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2017 22:30:54 GMT
I'm using maven-antrun-plugin to execute targets in an external Ant build file, and having
an issue with inherited properties.

      <configuration>
          <skip>${skipIvyPublish}</skip>
          <target name="ivy.publish">
              <echo message="resolver: ${ivy.publish.resolver}"/>
              <property name="ivy.publish.resolver" value="${ivy.publish.resolver}"/>
              <echo message="resolver: ${ivy.publish.resolver}"/>
              <ant antfile="${ivy.dependencies.dir}/ivy-build.xml"
                  target="ivy.publish"
                  inheritAll="true"
                  inheritRefs="true"/>
          </target>
      </configuration>

As you might guess from the above, I have a property in my pom.xml named ivy.publish.resolver.
The two echo lines here show the correct value (either the default from my pom.xml or what
I supply to Maven with -Divy.publish.resolver). But within the ivy-build.xml the very first
task executed (the init: target in the output below) is the same echo statement, and inevitably
the property value is always the default from pom.xml, ignoring what I've set with -D command-line
argument.

    [INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.8:run (ivy-publish) @ maven-ivy-example ---
    [INFO] Executing tasks

    ivy.publish: