maven-users mailing list archives

From John Patrick <nhoj.patr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to up date a property in a POM to a specific value
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 08:34:34 GMT
I think I do similar and I simply use
-DpropertyName=newValueForProperty on the command line when executing
the maven command, or via a profile and then activate the required
profile.

Just checking the property is already defined in a pom e.g.
<project>...<properties>...<propertyName>oldValueForProperty</propertyName>

At build time I would simply change the command line I'm using to
build. I do this type of thing all the line when testing new
dependencies, different external systems, loading different
properties/config via a different dependency.

John

On 21 August 2017 at 08:50,  <sparsick@web.de> wrote:
> Hello mailing,
>
> I use property values, defined in a POM, during resource filtering. I'd like to change
this properties during my release process. I know that the Maven Version Plugin has a goal
named update-properties. But it requires that the properties are used in the dependency definition.
I search for something like 'set-property -Dname=propertyName -Dvalue=newValueForProperty'.
Do you know a Maven Plugin that supports this use case?