maven-users mailing list archives

From "Magnanao, Hector" <hector.magna...@sap.com>
Subject RE: how to get the latest build for dependency
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 19:25:43 GMT
The problem with just using SNAPSHOT is that, we need to build A with its own unique build
number for versioning purpose.

In your other comment,  if I use the minimum version,  do I still have to always update the
pom file in the B project so it gets the minimum version of build A ?

From: Philip Whitehouse [mailto:philip@whiuk.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:41 PM
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>; Magnanao, Hector <hector.magnanao@sap.com>;
Maven users <maven-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: how to get the latest build for dependency

Unless you're actually releasing the builds, just use SNAPSHOT.

Otherwise use [minimumVersion, ) and it will resolve to the latest.
On 6 April 2017 19:36:57 BST, hector.magnanao@sap.com<mailto:hector.magnanao@sap.com>
wrote:
I have to 2 java projects a and b in maven.  The B project uses the A build as a dependency.
 How do I ensure the whenever the A project has a new build,  the B project will always use
that latest build in A.  A is being built with a unique build number each time it gets built.
 So is A has build # 10 as the newest build,  the B project has to use build #10 of A.