maven-users mailing list archives

From "Magnanao, Hector" <hector.magna...@sap.com>
Subject RE: dependency question
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 15:27:20 GMT
If the builds for A are always getting a unique build number as a snapshot build,  how am I
sure that B will always get the latest snapshot of A ?  Is there a way to name the A snapshot
builds with a unique build number each time for this scenario.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Gold [mailto:russell.gold@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:27 PM
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: dependency question

The simplest way is simply to use a snapshot version of A. That way B will always use the
latest snapshot. When you finally release A, you can have B point to the released version
instead of the snapshot.

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Magnanao, Hector <hector.magnanao@sap.com> wrote:
>
> I have to 2 java projects a and b in maven.  The B project uses the A build as a dependency.
 How do I ensure the whenever the A project has a new build,  the B project will always use
that latest build in A.  A is being built with a unique build number each time it gets built.
 So is A has build # 10 as the newest build,  the B project has to use build #10 of A.