maven-users mailing list archives

From Robert Patrick <robert.patr...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: dependency question
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 19:34:04 GMT
The other way is to use a version range in your dependency, which gives you a similar behavior
as using a snapshot dependency.  Both approaches have their advantages and drawbacks...

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Gold
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2017 2:27 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: dependency question

The simplest way is simply to use a snapshot version of A. That way B will always use the
latest snapshot. When you finally release A, you can have B point to the released version
instead of the snapshot.

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Magnanao, Hector <hector.magnanao@sap.com> wrote:
>
> I have to 2 java projects a and b in maven.  The B project uses the A build as a dependency.
 How do I ensure the whenever the A project has a new build,  the B project will always use
that latest build in A.  A is being built with a unique build number each time it gets built.
 So is A has build # 10 as the newest build,  the B project has to use build #10 of A.