maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven central and indexing
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 19:14:01 GMT
(This may be a Sonatype question, but it does concern Maven central and the
Maven community so I thought I'd ask here.)

Currently, you can search Maven central efficiently using search.maven.org.
You can search on coordinates and also by class (i.e. "what artifact
contains a class whose name contains the string 'Frobnicator'?").

How would one go about lobbying for additional Solr/Lucene indices on other
things, like, say, META-INF/MANIFEST.MF header contents, or the presence of
a certain resource (com/foo/bar/Frobnicator.properties etc.), or full-text
search on non-binary resources? Stuff like that?  Or is there some service
I'm unaware of out there that provides this information that I could then
use to resolve the resulting artifact pointers?

Best,
Laird