maven-users mailing list archives

From Jochum Jesko <J.Joc...@elettronica.de>
Subject AW: Dependency error with javadoc:aggregate, and confused about overall javadoc aggregate setup
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 08:07:22 GMT

Von: KARR, DAVID [mailto:dk068x@att.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 29. Oktober 2016 00:45
An: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Betreff: RE: Dependency error with javadoc:aggregate, and confused about overall javadoc aggregate
setup

Thanks.  I incorporated some of this.  I'm still not sure exactly how some of this is working.

One thing I notice is that although the "javadoc:aggregate-jar" goal works as expected, I
find that when I just run "mvn clean install", it also runs the "aggregate-jar" task.  Considering
it's now in the "package" phase, I guess I can understand that.  What would I have to do to
make it so that this only runs when I manually run the "javadoc:aggregate-jar" goal?

For reference, what I've added to my top-level POM is the following:
-----------------
			<plugin>
				<version>2.10.4</version>
				<configuration>
					<additionalparam>-Xdoclint:none</additionalparam>
				</configuration>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>module-javadoc-jar</id>