maven-users mailing list archives

From Robert Patrick <robert.patr...@oracle.com>
Subject testCompile goal fails periodically on Windows because it cannot find test-classes directory
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2016 18:44:42 GMT
Hi,

I am seeing a periodic error when running our builds on Windows.  When running "mvn clean
verify" I occasionally see errors like the following:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:testCompile
(test-compile) on project single-application-test: Fatal error compiling: directory not found:
C:\projects\myproject\system-test\tests-v2\singleApplicationTest\target\test-classes ->
[Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following
articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

[ERROR]

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :single-application-test

If I immediately rerun the same "mvn clean verify" command, it works.  Has anyone else seen
such problems?

Thanks,

Robert