maven-users mailing list archives

From Martin Hoeller <mar...@xss.co.at>
Subject Re: Comparing specifying repositories in pom vs. settings.xml?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2016 06:47:12 GMT
On 17 Okt 2016, Manfred Moser wrote:

> If you really feel you need to control the source of where you download components from
within the source control system
> I would still NOT use the repositories definition in the POM since that is them transferred
to the target repo on deployment (unless you use flatten).

> Instead I would check in a specific settings.xml as part of the project... or even multiple
ones for different build scenarios..

You could even use the .mvn/ folder with a maven.config file in it, so
use this specific settings.xml without any other setup. See
https://maven.apache.org/docs/3.3.1/release-notes.html#JVM_and_Command_Line_Options
for details.

hth,
- martin