maven-users mailing list archives

From "Manfred Moser" <manf...@simpligility.com>
Subject Re: Jenkins and Maven
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2016 16:33:22 GMT
I agree with Stephen .. avoid the Maven job type. In fact I would install Daniel's

https://github.com/daniel-beck/hide-maven-plugin\

I have spent many hours trying to fix broken builds with the Maven job type only to switch
to Freestyle jobs and they just work. There is a reason why Eclipse Hudson declared the job
type legacy and has an improved Maven freestyle integration (but thats kind of beside the
point when you look at Jenkins).

Also in terms of settings management and such I suggest to use the config file provider plugin.

I recorded a demo video about that stuff some while ago (for Sonatype in the context of deploying
to Nexus but applies generically). Its part of the tips from the trenches series

http://www.sonatype.org/nexus/members-only/video-gallery-2/free-training-sonatype-nexus-and-clm-tips-from-the-trenches/

Here are the two Jenkins videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpXksHynouk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHJrqKf0cLk

Also if you want to invoke maven from a shell script or so you might want to look at the wrapper.

https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper

Hth

Manfred