maven-users mailing list archives

From org.apache.maven.u...@io7m.com
Subject "mvn clean verify deploy" causes jar plugin to execute twice
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 15:19:05 GMT
Hello.

I've run into a bizarre problem when trying to deploy a project.

If I run "mvn clean verify", the project builds without issue. If I run
"mvn clean verify deploy", the project fails to build (on the very last
module, naturally).

The error is:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:3.0.0:jar (default-jar)
on project io7m-jsx-tests: You have to use a classifier to attach supplemental artifacts to
the project instead of replacing them. -> [Help 1]

I am not attaching supplemental artifacts in that module, and am also not
replacing any.

The project in question is here:

  https://github.com/io7m/jsx/tree/develop

The failure occurs when deploying the io7m-jsx-tests module:

  http://ataxia.io7m.com/2016/08/05/build.txt

Note that there are no sources in src/main as this is a module containing
the unit tests for all other modules. However, this has not been a problem
to date and have used this arrangement without issue in some 40 or so
projects. Today, it suddenly appears to be a problem.

Is this a bug? Is there anything I can do to fix it?