maven-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API for annotation scanning in a mojo?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 21:58:36 GMT
Hi Paul,

In general there are descriptors generated at compile-time based on either
doclettags (old-style) or annotations (new-style).
At runtime it is a matter of reading the descriptor and build up the Maven
runtime, which should be much faster then runtime annotation scanning.

Here's an example of the default implementation of the MojoScanner:
https://maven.apache.org/plugin-tools/maven-plugin-tools-annotations/xref/org/apache/maven/tools/plugin/extractor/annotations/scanner/DefaultMojoAnnotationsScanner.html

Hope this helps,
Robert