maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Resolving an Artifact from Remote Repository instead of Local
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:47:18 GMT
Looks like it might be easier to just delete your local repo!

Perhaps you might want to revisit your ultimate goal.
Describe the use that people will make of the index  and see if anyone
has a different way to get what you want.

Why is your need so different from the normal case that no one else has
ever run into this problem?

Ron

On 21/07/2016 11:46 AM, Jordan Lewis wrote:
> Is this, <https://github.com/eclipse/aether-core>, still the code base? I could
make a pull request that would show exactly the part I’m talking about with a possible solution.

> Thanks,
> Jordan
>

> On 7/20/16, 1:53 PM, "Jordan Lewis" <jordan.lewis@inovexcorp.com> wrote:
>
>> Any update on what mailing list I should be using?
>>
>> Jordan
>>

>> On 7/19/16, 2:26 PM, "Jordan Lewis" <jordan.lewis@inovexcorp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is the email I received from them about it.
>>>

>>> Hi Jordan,
>>>
>>> …

>>> sadly, Aether has left Eclipse for Apache, to be developed there in
>>> closer collaboration with the Maven core. See [1] here for the details.
>>>
>>> I am not aware of an aether-users list at Apache, so I would suggest
>>> asking on users@maven.apache.org or maybe dev@maven.apache.org. Neither
>>> list seems to be a perfect fit though, as you are neither end user or
>>> developer of Maven itself.
>>>
>>> Anyway, it would be great if you could reply which list ultimately
>>> answered your question, so future developers can find the answer in the
>>> archives.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps.
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> <https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.aether/reviews/termination-review>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Codetrails GmbH
>>> The knowledge transfer company
>>>
>>> Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt
>>> Phone: +49-6151-276-7092
>>> Mobile: +49-170-811-3791
>>> http://www.codetrails.com/
>>>
>>> Managing Director: Dr. Marcel Bruch
>>> Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 91940

me to your list because you have taken the project over, correct?

local repo, but whenever it resolves an artifact using system.resolveArtifact(..), it always
checks the local repo first.

that could try to resolve an artifact from a specific repo?

my local repository is obviously not. So whenever I generate the index file, I need to make
sure that my local paths to the artifacts are never used which they are if the artifact can
be resolved both locally and remotely. I need it to only resolve from the remote repository.

there a specific Aether mailing list?

I’m working on building an index file which will point to the resolved artifact using bnd-indexer-maven-plugin.
The indexer has an option to forbid the use of local URIs and that works fine as long as I
don’t have the artifact in my local repository. I need the artifact to resolve to the remote
repository so that anyone can use this index file and it won’t depend on my local repository.
If the artifact is in my local repository though, it resolves to that artifact whenever the
indexer code call system.resolveArtifact(..). I can get around this by clearing my local repository
and then the artifact will resolve to the remote repository location just fine. I did some
digging and it appears like you are always checking the localRepositoryManager first and then
you check remote repositories.

repository resolution or set a repository priority order where it would check the remote repository
before the local repository?