maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Resolving an Artifact from Remote Repository instead of Local
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 14:25:35 GMT
Yes.
It does seem that you do not have a Maven problem but have an Aether problem
https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/aether-users

Ron

On 19/07/2016 9:54 AM, Jordan Lewis wrote:
> Does that all make sense or do you need anything else to make it clearer?
>
> Thanks,
> Jordan
>

> On 7/18/16, 3:56 PM, "Jordan Lewis" <jordan.lewis@inovexcorp.com> wrote:
>
>> The plug-in does have a configuration that tries to ignore the local repo, but whenever
it resolves an artifact using system.resolveArtifact(..), it always checks the local repo
first.

>> What is the code to ignore the local repo? Or is there some code that could try to
resolve an artifact from a specific repo?

>> Thanks,
>> Jordan
>>

>> On 7/18/16, 3:22 PM, "Ron Wheeler" <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you just patch the existing plug-in to create a new plug-in that
>>> ignores the local repo?
>>> Or add a configuration flag to ignore the local repo and submit your
>>> improvement as an enhancement.
>>>

>>> Ron

is obviously not. So whenever I generate the index file, I need to make sure that my local
paths to the artifacts are never used which they are if the artifact can be resolved both
locally and remotely. I need it to only resolve from the remote repository.

an index file which will point to the resolved artifact using bnd-indexer-maven-plugin. The
indexer has an option to forbid the use of local URIs and that works fine as long as I don’t
have the artifact in my local repository. I need the artifact to resolve to the remote repository
so that anyone can use this index file and it won’t depend on my local repository. If the
artifact is in my local repository though, it resolves to that artifact whenever the indexer
code call system.resolveArtifact(..). I can get around this by clearing my local repository
and then the artifact will resolve to the remote repository location just fine. I did some
digging and it appears like you are always checking the localRepositoryManager first and then
you check remote repositories.

or set a repository priority order where it would check the remote repository before the local
repository?

--
Ron Wheeler
President