maven-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Lewis <jordan.le...@inovexcorp.com>
Subject Re: Resolving an Artifact from Remote Repository instead of Local
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 17:53:33 GMT
Any update on what mailing list I should be using?

Jordan

On 7/19/16, 2:26 PM, "Jordan Lewis" <jordan.lewis@inovexcorp.com> wrote:

>Here is the email I received from them about it.
>

>Hi Jordan,
>
>…
>

>> Does anyone have any suggestions for me to resolve this or is there
>> another email list where this question would fit better?
>

>sadly, Aether has left Eclipse for Apache, to be developed there in
>closer collaboration with the Maven core. See [1] here for the details.
>
>I am not aware of an aether-users list at Apache, so I would suggest
>asking on users@maven.apache.org or maybe dev@maven.apache.org. Neither
>list seems to be a perfect fit though, as you are neither end user or
>developer of Maven itself.
>
>Anyway, it would be great if you could reply which list ultimately
>answered your question, so future developers can find the answer in the
>archives.
>
>Hope that helps.
>
>Andreas
>
>[1]
><https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.aether/reviews/termination-review>
>
>--
>Codetrails GmbH
>The knowledge transfer company
>
>Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt
>Phone: +49-6151-276-7092
>Mobile: +49-170-811-3791
>http://www.codetrails.com/
>
>Managing Director: Dr. Marcel Bruch
>Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 91940
>

>On 7/19/16, 10:27 AM, "Jordan Lewis" <jordan.lewis@inovexcorp.com> wrote:
>
>>Correct. However, I used that mailing list that you listed and they pointed me to
your list because you have taken the project over, correct?

>>Jordan
>>

>>On 7/19/16, 10:25 AM, "Ron Wheeler" <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Yes.
>>>It does seem that you do not have a Maven problem but have an Aether problem
>>>https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/aether-users
>>>
>>>Ron

repo, but whenever it resolves an artifact using system.resolveArtifact(..), it always checks
the local repo first.

could try to resolve an artifact from a specific repo?

repository is obviously not. So whenever I generate the index file, I need to make sure that
my local paths to the artifacts are never used which they are if the artifact can be resolved
both locally and remotely. I need it to only resolve from the remote repository.

a specific Aether mailing list?

on building an index file which will point to the resolved artifact using bnd-indexer-maven-plugin.
The indexer has an option to forbid the use of local URIs and that works fine as long as I
don’t have the artifact in my local repository. I need the artifact to resolve to the remote
repository so that anyone can use this index file and it won’t depend on my local repository.
If the artifact is in my local repository though, it resolves to that artifact whenever the
indexer code call system.resolveArtifact(..). I can get around this by clearing my local repository
and then the artifact will resolve to the remote repository location just fine. I did some
digging and it appears like you are always checking the localRepositoryManager first and then
you check remote repositories.

resolution or set a repository priority order where it would check the remote repository before
the local repository?