maven-users mailing list archives

From Alex Ditu <ditu.alexan...@gmail.com>
Subject How does maven choose which plugin version to use?
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2016 21:45:55 GMT
Hello,

Can anyone provide some help regarding plugin versions? I want to use
the latest version of maven-war-plugin (or at least one greater than
2.3); so i decided to install the latest version of maven, 3.3.9.
But when I execute "mvn help:effective-pom" I see it still uses 2.3
version of maven-war-plugin.
My first question is: where does maven read wich plugin version to
use, if I don't specify one?
I tought it was in the super-pom, but I didn't find anything
there...Can anyone help me understand what is happening?

Alex