maven-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Aikens <paik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does maven choose which plugin version to use?
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 06:16:25 GMT
Actually... it's not the super-pom.  It's the lifecycle definitions.

See here:
https://maven.apache.org/ref/3.3.9/maven-core/default-bindings.html

You can see which plugins (and which goals in those plugins) are bound to
which phase for a given lifecycle.  For example, the jar lifecycle is:

<phases>
  <process-resources>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources
  </process-resources>
  <compile>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile
  </compile>
  <process-test-resources>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6:testResources
  </process-test-resources>
  <test-compile>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:testCompile
  </test-compile>
  <test>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.4:test
  </test>
  <package>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.4:jar
  </package>
  <install>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.4:install
  </install>
  <deploy>
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy
  </deploy>
</phases>