maven-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Lewis <jordan.le...@inovexcorp.com>
Subject Re: Resolving an Artifact from Remote Repository instead of Local
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 13:54:15 GMT
Does that all make sense or do you need anything else to make it clearer?

Thanks,
Jordan

On 7/18/16, 3:56 PM, "Jordan Lewis" <jordan.lewis@inovexcorp.com> wrote:

>The plug-in does have a configuration that tries to ignore the local repo, but whenever
it resolves an artifact using system.resolveArtifact(..), it always checks the local repo
first.

>What is the code to ignore the local repo? Or is there some code that could try to resolve
an artifact from a specific repo?

>Thanks,
>Jordan
>

>On 7/18/16, 3:22 PM, "Ron Wheeler" <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>
>>Can you just patch the existing plug-in to create a new plug-in that
>>ignores the local repo?
>>Or add a configuration flag to ignore the local repo and submit your
>>improvement as an enhancement.
>>

>>Ron
>>
>>On 18/07/2016 2:29 PM, Jordan Lewis wrote:
>>> Nexus.
>>>
>>> Our remote Nexus repository is available to others, but my local repository is
obviously not. So whenever I generate the index file, I need to make sure that my local paths
to the artifacts are never used which they are if the artifact can be resolved both locally
and remotely. I need it to only resolve from the remote repository.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Jordan

an index file which will point to the resolved artifact using bnd-indexer-maven-plugin. The
indexer has an option to forbid the use of local URIs and that works fine as long as I don’t
have the artifact in my local repository. I need the artifact to resolve to the remote repository
so that anyone can use this index file and it won’t depend on my local repository. If the
artifact is in my local repository though, it resolves to that artifact whenever the indexer
code call system.resolveArtifact(..). I can get around this by clearing my local repository
and then the artifact will resolve to the remote repository location just fine. I did some
digging and it appears like you are always checking the localRepositoryManager first and then
you check remote repositories.

or set a repository priority order where it would check the remote repository before the local
repository?