maven-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Lewis <jordan.le...@inovexcorp.com>
Subject Re: Resolving an Artifact from Remote Repository instead of Local
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 18:26:42 GMT
Here is the email I received from them about it.

Hi Jordan,

…

> Does anyone have any suggestions for me to resolve this or is there
> another email list where this question would fit better?

sadly, Aether has left Eclipse for Apache, to be developed there in
closer collaboration with the Maven core. See [1] here for the details.

I am not aware of an aether-users list at Apache, so I would suggest
asking on users@maven.apache.org or maybe dev@maven.apache.org. Neither
list seems to be a perfect fit though, as you are neither end user or
developer of Maven itself.

Anyway, it would be great if you could reply which list ultimately
answered your question, so future developers can find the answer in the
archives.

Hope that helps.

Andreas

[1]
<https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.aether/reviews/termination-review>

--
Codetrails GmbH
The knowledge transfer company

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt
Phone: +49-6151-276-7092
Mobile: +49-170-811-3791
http://www.codetrails.com/

Managing Director: Dr. Marcel Bruch
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 91940

On 7/19/16, 10:27 AM, "Jordan Lewis" <jordan.lewis@inovexcorp.com> wrote:

>Correct. However, I used that mailing list that you listed and they pointed me to your
list because you have taken the project over, correct?

>Jordan
>

>On 7/19/16, 10:25 AM, "Ron Wheeler" <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>
>>Yes.
>>It does seem that you do not have a Maven problem but have an Aether problem
>>https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/aether-users
>>
>>Ron
>>
>>On 19/07/2016 9:54 AM, Jordan Lewis wrote:
>>> Does that all make sense or do you need anything else to make it clearer?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jordan

but whenever it resolves an artifact using system.resolveArtifact(..), it always checks the
local repo first.

try to resolve an artifact from a specific repo?

repository is obviously not. So whenever I generate the index file, I need to make sure that
my local paths to the artifacts are never used which they are if the artifact can be resolved
both locally and remotely. I need it to only resolve from the remote repository.

Aether mailing list?

on building an index file which will point to the resolved artifact using bnd-indexer-maven-plugin.
The indexer has an option to forbid the use of local URIs and that works fine as long as I
don’t have the artifact in my local repository. I need the artifact to resolve to the remote
repository so that anyone can use this index file and it won’t depend on my local repository.
If the artifact is in my local repository though, it resolves to that artifact whenever the
indexer code call system.resolveArtifact(..). I can get around this by clearing my local repository
and then the artifact will resolve to the remote repository location just fine. I did some
digging and it appears like you are always checking the localRepositoryManager first and then
you check remote repositories.

resolution or set a repository priority order where it would check the remote repository before
the local repository?