maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Resolving an Artifact from Remote Repository instead of Local
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 19:22:11 GMT
Can you just patch the existing plug-in to create a new plug-in that
ignores the local repo?
Or add a configuration flag to ignore the local repo and submit your
improvement as an enhancement.

Ron

On 18/07/2016 2:29 PM, Jordan Lewis wrote:
> Nexus.
>
> Our remote Nexus repository is available to others, but my local repository is obviously
not. So whenever I generate the index file, I need to make sure that my local paths to the
artifacts are never used which they are if the artifact can be resolved both locally and remotely.
I need it to only resolve from the remote repository.

> Thanks,
> Jordan
>

> On 7/18/16, 2:21 PM, "Ron Wheeler" <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>
>> What repo are you using locally - Nexus, Artifactory,....?
>> Why is it not available to others?
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> On 18/07/2016 2:04 PM, Jordan Lewis wrote:
>>> Is this question in the wrong mailing list? Is there a specific Aether mailing
list?

>>> Thanks,
>>> Jordan

file which will point to the resolved artifact using bnd-indexer-maven-plugin. The indexer
has an option to forbid the use of local URIs and that works fine as long as I don’t have
the artifact in my local repository. I need the artifact to resolve to the remote repository
so that anyone can use this index file and it won’t depend on my local repository. If the
artifact is in my local repository though, it resolves to that artifact whenever the indexer
code call system.resolveArtifact(..). I can get around this by clearing my local repository
and then the artifact will resolve to the remote repository location just fine. I did some
digging and it appears like you are always checking the localRepositoryManager first and then
you check remote repositories.

repository priority order where it would check the remote repository before the local repository?