maven-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Lewis <jordan.le...@inovexcorp.com>
Subject Re: Resolving an Artifact from Remote Repository instead of Local
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:29:20 GMT
Nexus.

Our remote Nexus repository is available to others, but my local repository is obviously not.
So whenever I generate the index file, I need to make sure that my local paths to the artifacts
are never used which they are if the artifact can be resolved both locally and remotely. I
need it to only resolve from the remote repository.

Thanks,
Jordan

On 7/18/16, 2:21 PM, "Ron Wheeler" <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:

>What repo are you using locally - Nexus, Artifactory,....?
>Why is it not available to others?
>
>Ron
>
>On 18/07/2016 2:04 PM, Jordan Lewis wrote:
>> Is this question in the wrong mailing list? Is there a specific Aether mailing list?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jordan
>>

>> On 7/14/16, 9:41 AM, "Jordan Lewis" <jordan.lewis@inovexcorp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> This is a question about the Aether API. I’m working on building an index file
which will point to the resolved artifact using bnd-indexer-maven-plugin. The indexer has
an option to forbid the use of local URIs and that works fine as long as I don’t have the
artifact in my local repository. I need the artifact to resolve to the remote repository so
that anyone can use this index file and it won’t depend on my local repository. If the artifact
is in my local repository though, it resolves to that artifact whenever the indexer code call
system.resolveArtifact(..). I can get around this by clearing my local repository and then
the artifact will resolve to the remote repository location just fine. I did some digging
and it appears like you are always checking the localRepositoryManager first and then you
check remote repositories.

>>> Is there a way to make it ignore the local repository resolution or set a repository
priority order where it would check the remote repository before the local repository?