maven-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2016 23:31:46 GMT
Am 07/02/16 um 23:18 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/2/16 2:06 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>  >So we need to figure out a way to deliver the new behavior while
> preserving
>  >the old for a time being. Maybe a branch,
>

>  > but I think the best way to do it is to have both behaviors exist in the
>  > same codebase and turn on what we considered corrected behavior
>  > with feature toggles.

Someone who never has used Maven before and who downloads the current
release should just use the 'mvn' command and get the behaviour with all
"features" activated and should not have to care about any "feature". If
I upgrade to a recent Maven version I am doing that to get the latest
"features". That's like upgrading from OS 3.1 to OS 10 and having to
check 10000 checkboxes in the installer to activate all "features"
introduced after OS 3.1. If not activating any feature the OS 10
installer installs OS 3.1. Come one.

Regards,
--
Christian