maven-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2016 11:07:35 GMT
Am 07/02/16 um 12:36 schrieb Oliver B. Fischer:
> My suggestions is based on the view of a Maven user who would like to do
> it's daily job ;-)
>
> In our team we have > 20 Maven projects and as a Maven 'User' you need
> the chance to fix such issues before the break your build. Everyone
> would blame Maven for this. We should have the chance to fix these
> problems before they become serious.
>
> WDYT?

It's a matter of how you plan Maven upgrades. I understand you just want
to download a newer Maven version without having to do anything else. As
already said, the commits in question have been reverted for 3.4. Think
about upgrading Maven is like upgrading your operating system. You are a
developer yourself. How do you fix bugs without fixing them?

Regards,
--
Christian