maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Preleminary Maven 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT Testing
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2016 21:40:54 GMT
Hi Mark,

POM activation can't be used cause many features/toggles we are talking
about here needed to be activated before a pom has been read at all and
furthermore starting with Maven 3.3.1 you could use .mvn/maven.config[1]
to handle such things.

I'm note sure if IDE is handling .mvn/maven.config correct?

On build servers you will hopefully test first an activation of a
feature and later you will get that into your default configuration
which is hopefully not manually maintained (I hope using something like
Job DSL or jenkins file of Jenkins for example or similar things on
other build servers)...

And furthermore manually enabling them is exactly what we wish here, so
this can only happen by intention of the particular user and not by
accident...because those features should only selected by intention...

[1]: http://maven.apache.org/docs/3.3.1/release-notes.html

Kind regards
Karl Heinz