maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Maven and Eclipse
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:08:52 GMT
Hi Michael,

> I removed the Maven Dependencies entry from the Java Build Bath
> Libraries tab

I don't understand why you are doing this step. It should never be
necessary in my experience, and my intuition is that it could hose things
up. The Maven > Update Project... command in the Package Explorer context
menu (when you right-click a Maven project) should rebuild the contents of
the Maven Dependencies list automatically, and hence keep your build path
up to date.

The workflow to get up and running on a target system (Windows, Linux or
otherwise) should be the same:

- Clone the project from your SCM to a local directory
- File > Import > Existing Maven Project...
- Select the local directory you just cloned
- Next a couple of times, and you're done.

And updating should be as simple as:

- Update from your SCM
- *Maybe* quick-fix to "Update Project..." if Eclipse complains about the
pom.xml being out of sync. This will likely depend on how you updated from
your SCM: through Eclipse or externally.

Glad that you figured out about the settings.xml file.

Regards,
Curtis

--
Curtis Rueden