maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Import Submodule into Maven Project in IntelliJ
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2016 14:00:54 GMT
I generally use Eclipse but I believe what you want is what’s referred to a workspace in
Eclipse. A graph of loosely related projects in the workspace where you resolve against the
version in your workspace as opposed to resolving the dependency from the repository system.
If I recall there is a “+” button hidden in the Maven view that allows you to add more
Maven projects to a single workspace so that you don’t have to make aggregrator POMs or
have multiple windows open. I remember it being extremely hard to find. If you can’t see
it I’ll fire up IDEA and try to put together an example.

> On Mar 17, 2016, at 11:50 AM, Jason Franklin <j_fra@fastmail.us> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to Maven, and I've taken the time over the past week to read
> "Maven by Example." I'm trying to join two independent projects as
> submodules in a third project serving as the parent project. Is there a
> way to create a parent project in IntelliJ and import two previously
> independent projects as submodules without simply moving the directories
> and changing the pom.xml files manually?
>
> --
>  Jason Franklin
>  j_fra@fastmail.us

Thanks,