maven-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David M. Karr" <davidmichaelk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why isn't maven-dependency-plugin copying my artifacts anymore?
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 23:22:39 GMT
Thanks, but replacing my "manual" copy goal with "copy-dependencies" and 
implicit dependency declarations made no difference.  No error at this 
phase, it just doesn't do anything.

On 03/10/2016 02:57 PM, Mark Eggers wrote:
> David,
>
> On 3/10/2016 2:31 PM, David M. Karr wrote:
>> Several days ago, on the advice of someone on another list, I configured
>> the use of the "maven-dependency-plugin" in my POM so that the build
>> would copy some dependencies into a local folder, not inside the target
>> folder.
>>
>> This worked the very first time I ran the build with it, and I've been
>> using the results for a while.
>>
>> Today I started to look at this again, to ensure that these copied
>> artifacts would be properly cleaned up from "mvn clean".  I first tried
>> reconfiguring where it wrote the jars, changing it from "libs" to
>> "target/libs".  For some reason, when I ran the build, it didn't create
>> "target/libs", nor did it copy the jars.  At that point, I thought there
>> was some issue with writing them into a subfolder of "target".
>>
>> I then changed it back to "libs", but I implemented additional
>> "maven-clean-plugin" configuration to make it delete that folder. When I
>> ran "mvn clean", it did what I expected, removing that folder, along
>> with "target".
>>
>> However, when I then tried to build the whole thing again, I found that
>> it wasn't creating the "libs" folder, and it wasn't copying the jars
>> there.  I then tried manually creating "libs", but that didn't help.  I
>> tried adding "--debug", which didn't tell me anything useful.  I imagine
>> the same thing that is making it not copy the jars into "libs" is the
>> same thing that prevented it writing them into "target/libs", so there
>> likely wasn't a real issue with using a subfolder of "target", but
>> something else is just preventing it from copying the jars.
>>
>> This is what I have in the POM for this plugin (eliding the details of
>> each artifact):
>> -----------------
>>          <plugin>
>> <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>> <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin</artifactId>
>>              <version>2.10</version>
>>              <executions>
>>                  <execution>
>>                      <id>copy</id>
>>                      <phase>package</phase>
>>                      <goals>
>>                          <goal>copy</goal>
>>                      </goals>
>>                      <configuration>
>>                          <artifactItems>
>>                              <artifactItem>
>>                              ...
>>                              </artifactItem>
>>                              <artifactItem>
>>                              ...
>>                              </artifactItem>
>>                              <artifactItem>
>>                              ...
>>                              </artifactItem>
>>                              <artifactItem>
>>                              ...
>>                              </artifactItem>
>>                          </artifactItems>
>>                      </configuration>
>>                  </execution>
>>              </executions>
>>          </plugin>
>> -------------------
> My copy looks like this:
>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-dependency-plugin</artifactId>
>   <version>2.10</version>
>   <executions>
>    <execution>
>     <phase>prepare-package</phase>
>     <goals>
>      <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
>     </goals>
>     <configuration>
>      <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/lib</outputDirectory>
>      <includeScope>compile</includeScope>
>     </configuration>
>    </execution>
>   </executions>
> </plugin>
>
> I'm currently running 3.3.3 and JDK 1.8.0_74. I need to upgrade my Maven.
>
> This works as expected, with dependencies getting copied to target/lib.
>
> I have this in my JAR plugin:
>
> <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
> <classpathPrefix>lib/</classpathPrefix>
>
> along with specifying the main class.
>
> I create both a zip and a tar.gz file with the assembly plugin.
>
> An end user just unpacks the archive, changes to the directory where the
> archive was unpacked, and runs java -jar ${artifactId}.jar.
>
> Seems to work reasonably well.
>
> . . . just my two cents
> /mde/
> I use the assembly plugin to create a zip and a tar.gz file.
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@maven.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org


Mime
View raw message