maven-users mailing list archives

From pradeepkumar <pradeepkumar....@gmail.com>
Subject I want to separate the 3rd party jar in war file.
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 14:49:01 GMT
I want to separate the 3rd party jar in war file.
Currently we have 165 jars are  using in our project. Out of this only 27
jars are belongs to Application jars then rest of jars are 3rd party jars.
In our projects our dev team is maintaining the jars in a separate folder in
one drive as shown below.
C:\Tomcatconfiguration\lib\Jar1 .. jar100
they will make use of those jars through eclipse.

In the same way we have a job which will generate the war lets say Desktop.
in the same Desktop code there are maintaining some jars at
WebContent\WEB-INF\lib level.

But i am adding all the dependencies in all the pom.xmls then war are
generated and working as expected. But the war file size is growing.
When ever i generate the war file all the 165 jars are included in war file
.then the war file  size is growing.
So i want to separate the 3rd party jars from war file.
I don't want to include all the 3rd party jars in WAR and want to use only
application jars.
Whenever i want to deploy i want make use of 3rd party jars.
Can anyone suggest the best way and how can i do this.
right now i am separating the the 3rd party jars by using the scope compile
<scope>compile</scope> tag in all the pom.xml as shown below .
			<dependency>
				<groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
				<artifactId>poi</artifactId>
				<version>3.9</version>
				<scope>compile</scope>
				<optional>true</optional>
			</dependency>

Is this the right approch ? then how to make use of 3rd party jars.

Please suggest .