maven-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Kriegisch <alexan...@kriegisch.name>
Subject Re: Combination of deployAtEnd and installAtEnd does not seem to work
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 13:44:56 GMT
Okay, I just found a subtle problem: One of my co-workers has added a slightly older version
of the deploy plugin (2.8.1 instead of 2.8.2) to a new pluginManagement section in one of
our submodules. Somehow this broke deployAtEnd not just for that submodule but for all modules.
When I removed that redundant and conflicting section, deployAtEnd started to work as expected.

Sorry for the noise, but I think this can happen to others too, so it is good there is some
record for it on the mailing list. Follow-up question: Can I detect plugin conflicts via Maven
Dependency Plugin, similar to dependency:analyze for normal dependencies?
--
Alexander Kriegisch

> Am 22.01.2016 um 14:11 schrieb Alexander Kriegisch <alexander@kriegisch.name>:
>
> Yesterday I rolled another release and again the artifacts were not uploaded. I cannot
share my build log because it contains internal information, but what I can say is that for
each single module I see in the log:

> Deploying <artifact group, name and version> at end
>
> Then at the end of the successful mvn release:perform build, nothing gets uploaded despite
the advance notice.

> As for your question: I do not use any Tycho/OSGi and no plugins with their own lifecycle
that I would be aware of.

> Do you have any idea what I could have done wrong in order to trigger such a (non-)deployment
behaviour during release:perform?
> --
> Alexander Kriegisch
>

>> Am 09.01.2016 um 15:06 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise@gmx.de>:
>>
>> Hi Alexander,
>>
>>> On 1/9/16 2:13 PM, Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
>>> Hi community.
>>>
>>> This inquiry relates to
>>>  [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRELEASE-664
>>>  [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-157
>>>  [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINSTALL-93
>>>  [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-168
>>>
>>> where [2] and [3] are kinda spawned from [1] and [4] has not been implemented
yet because it seems to be non-trivial at least, maybe complicated or even complex.

>>> Anyway, a combination of [2] and [3] should, as I understand the tickets, permit
me to upload (deploy) my build artifacts to a repository manager only at the end of a successful
multi-module build. Thus, I added this to my parent POM's pluginManagement section:

>>>                <plugin>
>>>                    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>                    <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
>>>                    <version>2.5.2</version>
>>>                    <configuration>
>>>                        <installAtEnd>true</installAtEnd>
>>>                    </configuration>
>>>                </plugin>
>>>
>>>                <plugin>
>>>                    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>                    <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
>>>                    <version>2.8.2</version>
>>>                    <configuration>
>>>                        <deployAtEnd>true</deployAtEnd>
>>>                    </configuration>
>>>                </plugin>
>>>
>>> I see artifacts being uploaded to the repository manager per module anyway. Am
I doing anything wrong?

>> If you have defined in pluginManagement be carefull no one overwrites that in the
child pom or changes the plugin configuration and regrets the inherited part by using inherited
false ...Furthermore use the correct versions...

>> I'm using this for more than 2 years without any problems....
>>
>> BUT are you using plain Maven or some kind of OSGi parts (like tycho) or other plugins
which define their own lifecycle ?

>> Can you show an log output of the build ? Or do you have an example project which
shows that behaviour ?

>>> P.S.: Sorry to Karl Heinz for having asked this question in ticket [2], but I
thought I had discovered an implementation bug.

>> No problem... we will see if you have found an other bug or not...
>>
>> And general rule is to create a separate JIRA ticket and don't reopen closed tickets...if
it's needed we will link to other tickets...