maven-users mailing list archives

From MichaƂ Kowalcze <michal.kowal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MNG-5947] dependency management: imports and lack of nearest-wins
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2016 10:14:10 GMT

> Michal, does your change take imports nesting into account?

Yes, my patch determines distance between dependencies based on depth of a
particular dependency - and nesting is supported. However I'm still working
on an approach that will not change generated maven model classes as this
is more likely to go into version 3 of maven.
Basically the problem with current mode is that dependency management data
does not support at all tree-like structure. There's only flat list of
resolved dependencies - built during depth-first traversal of maven model -
so this is the reason of improper behavior.