maven-users mailing list archives

From Dagan Sandler <dagansand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should I disable maven-compiler-plugin when using aspectj-maven-compiler?
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 07:21:41 GMT
Sorry if you were offended for some reason, but let's look at it
objectively:

1) I ask a question, you post an answer with a link to a website that
contains a message that it was migrated to a different location. Since I
don't really know what you thought was there, I can't really guess where to
find this new location

2) While I haven't posted my entire configuration, I am asking this
question on the Maven-Users mailing list, so I don't understand why you
would need to "speculate" on if I'm using Maven/Gradle/Ant

3) I have posted a description of the basic configuration I am using (2
maven plugins in conjunction), and was asking what is the best practice for
using these side-by-side, or if it's necessary at all. As I wrote in my
original message, I have valid workarounds that achieve what I need. All
I'm asking is if someone knows if there are down/upsides to using either.

4) I am well capable of understanding what I need for my implementation and
know how to write a working build script, thank you.

5) For some reason, your messages are being sent with awful formatting,
which I'm guessing isn't really your fault, but it makes it really hard to
read, so I'm sorry if I misunderstood anything you were trying to say. Take
a look here
<https://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg137749.html>for
example...

Finally, regardless of everything, I would still like to thank you for
trying to help. I do appreciate it.

BR,
Dagan.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> which is what you need to go forwardMG>assuming you are using javac
> compiler?MG>your end game is to implement javac with proc:only at some
> earlier phase to generate the necessary classesMG>then later on in the
> build cycle implement javac with proc:none at compile phase to do the
> actual compile for the new classes
> MG>The specific details on HOW you implement that using plain javac OR ANT
> OR maven OR Gradle is up to you
> MG>I dont know your environment since you didnt supply your environment
> details
> MG>also you did not supply your .gradle or build.xml or pom.xml so I
> cannot speculate which specific tasks/plugins would be usedMG>as there are
> 3 possible different distinctive ways to implement this solution
> MG>if you dont understand implementation I would strongly suggest you
> RESPECTFULLY ask a senior resource on your team
> MG>to craft a build script which will achieve this objective within the
> confines of your  .gradle/build.xml/pom.xml build environment
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > >   take a look athttp://
> > > dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.aspectj/?root=Tools_Project
> > > find your way to this artifact:<groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
> > > <artifactId>aspectjtools</artifactId>  <packaging>jar</packaging>
> <description>Tools
> > > from the AspectJ project</description>  <url>http://www.aspectj.org
> </url>
> > > take a gander at AjcTask.java and notice the setting of javac arg
> called
> > > 'proc'
> > > /**   * Controls whether annotation processing and/or compilation is
> > > done.   * -proc:none means that compilation takes place without
> annotation
> > > processing.   * -proc:only means that only annotation processing is
> done,
> > > without any subsequent compilation.   */  public void setProc(String
> proc)
> > > {    if (proc.equals("none")) {      cmd.addFlag("-proc:none", true);
>   }
> > > else if (proc.equals("only")) {      cmd.addFlag("-proc:only", true);
>   }
> > > }
> > > -proc: {none,only}Controls whether annotation processing and/or
> > > compilation is done. -proc:none means that compilation takes place
> without
> > > annotation processing. -proc:only means that only annotation
> processing is
> > > done, without any subsequent compilation.
> > > javac -proc:only (needs to be set on any phase before compile such as
> > > generate-sources) within aspectj environment this is enabled by
> argument
> > > -Dorg.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.generateClassFiles on command line
> > >
> > > javac -proc:none(needs to be set only on compile phase)
> > > -Dorg.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.generateClassFiles absent on command

Is