maven-users mailing list archives

From Dagan Sandler <dagansand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should I disable maven-compiler-plugin when using aspectj-maven-compiler?
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:42:53 GMT
Both, actually.
In any case, using aspectj compiler through the maven-compiler-plugin seems
to be causing more issues (it depends on an older version of aspectj tools,
and raising it causes API errors) so it's definitely not the way for me.

I'm guessing my issue comes mainly from the fact that maven-compiler-plugin
3.1+ has an issue with incremental compilation, so a workaround is
mandatory in the current situation...
It is indeed peculiar that there isn't more info on that matter but then
again I'm not sure how many people use aspectj and maven together

Doing some more google work brought me to these:
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14614446/how-do-i-disable-the-maven-compiler-plugin
-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24211943/aspectj-maven-plugin-declare-soft-how-to-compile
- https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aspectj-users/msg14431.html

The last one is actually a post from the aspectj-users mailing list from
about 2 years ago, asking about the same issue, although the person didn't
seem to get a response.