maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CD versioning
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 19:42:13 GMT
Hi Benson,

you know that you can define the following properties since Maven 3.2.1[1]

${revision}, ${changelist} and ${sha1} which can be set outside from
Maven via:

mvn -Drevision=1.2.3-SNAPSHOT ...

and you can use it:

<project..>
   <groupId>...
   <artifactId>...
   <version>${revision}</version>
..
</project>

in case of a multi module build you can also use it in the parent
definition of the children...

but there does not exist some kind of jar which generates the
version...as far as i know...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: http://maven.apache.org/docs/3.2.1/release-notes.html