maven-users mailing list archives

From Kristof Meixner <kristof.meix...@fatlenny.net>
Subject Maven Checkstyle Plugin 2.17 and Generics
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 14:09:55 GMT
Hi!

I have got the following checkstyle definition [1]. If I update the checkstyle plugin from
2.16.to 2.17 or use
checkstyle 6.11.1 as dependency, I get several errors concerning ? in generics. E.g.

* public Class<? extends MergeStrategy> getMergeStrategy() {
* public interface ModelValidator extends Validator<ModelInstance<?>> {
* ServiceTracker<?, T> tracker = new ServiceTracker<>(context, type, null);

Do I need to configure something additional to the things I already have or did I miss something?

Best regards,
Kristof

[1]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Puppy Crawl//DTD Check Configuration 1.3//EN"
"http://www.puppycrawl.com/dtds/configuration_1_3.dtd">
<module name="Checker">
   <property name="severity" value="error"/>
   <module name="TreeWalker">
     <module name="NoWhitespaceAfter">
       <property name="tokens" value="BNOT,DEC,DOT,INC,LNOT,UNARY_MINUS,UNARY_PLUS"/>
     </module>
     <module name="NoWhitespaceBefore"/>
     <module name="WhitespaceAfter"/>
     <module name="WhitespaceAround">
       <property name="tokens" value="ASSIGN, BAND, BAND_ASSIGN, BOR, BOR_ASSIGN, BSR,
BSR_ASSIGN, BXOR, BXOR_ASSIGN,
COLON, DIV, DIV_ASSIGN, EQUAL, GE, GT, LAND, LCURLY, LE, LITERAL_ASSERT, LITERAL_CATCH, LITERAL_DO,
LITERAL_ELSE,
LITERAL_FINALLY, LITERAL_FOR, LITERAL_IF, LITERAL_RETURN, LITERAL_SYNCHRONIZED, LITERAL_TRY,
LITERAL_WHILE, LOR, LT,
MINUS, MINUS_ASSIGN, MOD, MOD_ASSIGN, NOT_EQUAL, PLUS, PLUS_ASSIGN, QUESTION, SL, SLIST, SL_ASSIGN,
SR, SR_ASSIGN, STAR,
STAR_ASSIGN, LITERAL_ASSERT, TYPE_EXTENSION_AND, WILDCARD_TYPE"/>
     </module>
     <module name="WhitespaceAround">
       <property name="tokens"
value="ASSIGN,BAND,BAND_ASSIGN,BOR,BOR_ASSIGN,BSR,BSR_ASSIGN,BXOR,BXOR_ASSIGN,COLON,DIV,DIV_ASSIGN,EQUAL,GE,GT,LAND,LCURLY,LE,LITERAL_ASSERT,LITERAL_CATCH,LITERAL_DO,LITERAL_ELSE,LITERAL_FINALLY,LITERAL_FOR,LITERAL_IF,LITERAL_RETURN,LITERAL_SYNCHRONIZED,LITERAL_TRY,LITERAL_WHILE,LOR,LT,MINUS,MINUS_ASSIGN,MOD,MOD_ASSIGN,NOT_EQUAL,PLUS,PLUS_ASSIGN,QUESTION,SL,SLIST,SL_ASSIGN,SR,SR_ASSIGN,STAR,STAR_ASSIGN,LITERAL_ASSERT,TYPE_EXTENSION_AND,WILDCARD_TYPE"/>
     </module>
     <module name="GenericWhitespace"/>
</module>