maven-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander Kriegisch" <alexan...@kriegisch.name>
Subject Combination of deployAtEnd and installAtEnd does not seem to work
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 13:13:17 GMT
Hi community.

This inquiry relates to
  [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRELEASE-664
  [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-157
  [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINSTALL-93
  [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-168

where [2] and [3] are kinda spawned from [1] and [4] has not been implemented yet because
it seems to be non-trivial at least, maybe complicated or even complex.

Anyway, a combination of [2] and [3] should, as I understand the tickets, permit me to upload
(deploy) my build artifacts to a repository manager only at the end of a successful multi-module
build. Thus, I added this to my parent POM's pluginManagement section:

                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.5.2</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <installAtEnd>true</installAtEnd>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.8.2</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <deployAtEnd>true</deployAtEnd>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>

I see artifacts being uploaded to the repository manager per module anyway. Am I doing anything
wrong?

P.S.: Sorry to Karl Heinz for having asked this question in ticket [2], but I thought I had
discovered an implementation bug.

Kind regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch