maven-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven-compiler-plugin cannot find class files in WEB-INF/classes
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2015 12:07:24 GMT
Hi Chris,

this isn't really a maven-compiler-plugin issue. This is how the java
compiler (JAVA_HOME/bin/javac) works, or to be more precise: how the
classpath works.
It expects that the packages are in the root of the archive, not in a
subdirectory like WEB-INF/classes.

Best practice in this case: have a separate Maven module for the classes
and include it as jar dependency to your war or generate an extra jar with
your war containing the classes [1]. You'll get an extra
webapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT-classes.jar. If you want to use this, add
<classifier>classes</classifier> to your dependency.

thanks,
Robert

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/war-mojo.html#archiveClasses