maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How Maven solves the problem of long builds on large projects?
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 13:12:06 GMT
Hi,

On 12/21/15 1:53 PM, Sergey Saraev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am developing a project with 67 modules.
> I use Apache Maven 3.0.4.
>
> Reassembly of the project take 1 hour and 50 minutes although usually commit change only
one module.

You should use only: mvn clean install ...

any other things like pmd, checkstyle etc. don't make sense in a usual
build..

Furthermore have you taken a look how long the build time of the
different modules is? What is the module with the longest time? How many
tests do you run? How long do the tests take?

I can give an impression of a large build (420 module) about 6500 tests,
can be built in ca. 35 minutes ca. 580,000 lines of code...running (mvn
clean deploy)...

BTW: Why are you using such old plugin versions?
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/)...

And of course on what kind of machine do you do the build? dedicated
build machine?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

+7 (917) 813-5604 | --www.NetCracker.com--