maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: how do i specify additional wagon plugins in the project pom to build deps when they don't yet exist in built form?
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 19:58:31 GMT
Hi,

On 12/7/15 8:15 PM, james northrup wrote:
> I would like to intercepts maven repo requests and builds the ones
> that fit a certain pattern of buildable SCM repos, specifically using
> git[hub] repositories.

Maven is based on binary artifacts and NOT on source artifacts...

> what pom options exist to control wagon so that a similar solution can
> be added to a parent pom to utilize plugin to build or exec when built
> dependencies are not yet installed in specified repositories.

By default there does not exist such an machanism...for good reasons...

Why you might can do use a EventSpy to intercept the repository request
so you might can create an Maven extension which could handle that....

But you might take a look to this:

https://github.com/l2x6/srcdeps-maven-plugin

but from my point of view it will break all the advantages Maven
has...which means you don't need to rebuild everything everytime...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise