maven-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject How to get m-assembly-p to copy from an existing symlink?
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 21:10:19 GMT
A project has an assembly with an explicit <include> of a specific
file.

      <!-- If local.cfg is in the root folder, copy it to config folder -->
      <fileSet>
         <directory>..</directory>
         <outputDirectory>config</outputDirectory>
         <includes>
            <include>local.cfg</include>
         </includes>
      </fileSet>

I have many versions of this file and would like to select one
by symlinking one of them to the expected name.  m-a-p 2.6 responds:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.6:single (default)
on project dspace: Failed to create assembly: Error creating assembly
archive installer: Problem copying files :
/home/mwood/build/dspace/DS-2654/dspace/target/dspace-installer/config/local.cfg -> [Help
1]

Enabling debugging (-X) shows that the cause is a Plexus
ArchiverException caused by a NoSuchFileException fingering the place
that m-a-p was supposed to copy the file *to*.  And indeed the
'config' directory has not been created.  (The dspace-installer
directory *is* created.)

Is this expected behavior?  Is there a way to make this work?  (I want
the link followed and the content of its target copied to the
assembly.)  Should I file an issue?

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst