maven-users mailing list archives

From sco...@JAVACTIVITY.ORG
Subject RE: [maven-scm-plugin] Why does scm:update fail on a branch?
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 20:12:23 GMT
The error message below should have been:
[ERROR] fatal: ambiguous argument 'abc': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: [maven-scm-plugin] Why does scm:update fail
on a branch?
From: scohen@JAVACTIVITY.ORG
Date: 12/8/15 9:33 am
To: users@maven.apache.org

I am using the maven-scm-plugin with git.

 I find that the following succeeds:

 mvn -DscmVersion=abc -DscmVersionType=branch scm:bootstrap

 whereas the following, seemingly identical except for the command fails:

 mvn -X -DscmVersion=rpm -DscmVersionType=branch scm:update

 [ERROR] Provider message:
 [ERROR] The git-log command failed.
 [ERROR] Command output:
 [ERROR] fatal: ambiguous argument 'rpm': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
 Use '--' to separate paths from revisions

 This looks like a bug in the plugin, but I don't really know. Why would the same specification
fail for update but succeed for bootstrap?

 Other commands, such as scm:diff, scm:status, smc:checkout also work.

 Is this a bug and is there a workaround?