maven-users mailing list archives

From sco...@JAVACTIVITY.ORG
Subject [maven-scm-plugin] Why does scm:update fail on a branch?
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:33:13 GMT
I am using the maven-scm-plugin with git.

I find that the following succeeds:

mvn -DscmVersion=abc -DscmVersionType=branch scm:bootstrap

whereas the following, seemingly identical except for the command fails:

mvn -X -DscmVersion=rpm -DscmVersionType=branch scm:update

[ERROR] Provider message:
[ERROR] The git-log command failed.
[ERROR] Command output:
[ERROR] fatal: ambiguous argument 'rpm': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions

This looks like a bug in the plugin, but I don't really know.  Why would the same specification
fail for update but succeed for bootstrap?

Other commands, such as scm:diff, scm:status, smc:checkout also work.

Is this a bug and is there a workaround?