maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@swisspost.com>
Subject Re: Locking down dependency versions...
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 07:39:34 GMT
Kevin Burton wrote:

> Just regular dependency versions.
>
> So if we're using 1.0.1 of library A I don't want adding adding library B
> to transitively change our dependency on library A...
>
> This has happened to us before and caused problems.

Use a shared parent where you define all dependencies and their versions in
the dependencyManagement section. These definitions apply also to transitive
deps then. Additionally you may never declare versions directly for a
dependency ... always inherit from the depMgmt section of the shared parent.

Cheers,
Jörg