maven-users mailing list archives

From Bhavesh K Shah <Bhavesh.S...@bitwiseglobal.com>
Subject What is the best way to get the single jar and pom.xml from multiple maven modules?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 22:15:31 GMT
Hi,

I have 4 maven modules A, B, C, D which are interdependent. The project D is dependent on
C and C in turn is dependent on A & B. I have written pom.xml for all projects accordingly.

My end goal is to generate single jar out of this 4 modules and corresponding single pom.xml.
The jar should contain java classes from only my module and not the classes from all their
dependencies.

I was able to create the single jar using maven-shade plugin in project D's pom.xml. I used
shadedGroupFilter tag to include the classes from just my modules. However, I was not able
to create the correct pom.xml.

For generating single pom.xml I have tried using createDependencyReducedPom tag to generate
a simplified POM for the shaded artifact but it contains the dependencies of just project
D and not all the other projects viz. C, B, A.

What is the best way to get the correct single pom.xml?

I have posted this same question on stackoverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33509980/what-is-the-best-way-to-get-the-single-jar-and-pom-xml-from-multiple-maven-modul>.

-Bhavesh

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential information and is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) only. Any views or opinions presented or implied are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of BitWise. If you are
not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that disclosure, printing, copying,
forwarding, distribution, or the taking of any action whatsoever in reliance on the contents
of this electronic information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the electronic message and any attachments.BitWise
does not accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachments. ********************************************************************************************