maven-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Zimmerman <jor...@jordanzimmerman.com>
Subject Scope import in parent pom
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 01:46:29 GMT
I added a scope:import dep to the dependencies management section of a parent pom for a reactor
build. Child modules, it seems, don’t get the benefit of this. Is that right? It seems I
have to put the import in every child module’s pom.

parent pom has:

<dependencyManagement>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>io.soabase</groupId>
            <artifactId>soabase</artifactId>
            <version>${soabase-version}</version>
            <type>pom</type>
            <scope>import</scope>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

Note, the pom referenced (soabase) has a dependency management entry for dropwizard-testing.
If I add this to a child module it does not work:

<dependency>
    <groupId>io.dropwizard</groupId>
    <artifactId>dropwizard-testing</artifactId>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

However, if I move the import from the parent pom to the child pom it works.