maven-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: How easy/reliable is a maven repo hosted on webdav?
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 10:40:06 GMT
On 05 Nov 2015, at 2:13 AM, Kevin Burton <burton@spinn3r.com> wrote:

> I need to setup a new maven repo due to some changes we're making in our CI
> framework.
>
> Basically, I want something simple.. I was looking at bintray and
> artifactory and I think they are overkill for what we need and could be
> rather expensive per year.
>
> We already have plenty of hardware so I just want something simple.
>
> We used to use SCP but I don't want to give our CI hosting provider / SAAS
> the ability to auth into our cluster.
>
> WebDAV seems ideal because it could just work with plain old apache.
>
> However, I can't find any documentation for how to set this up.

I’ve used webdav based repos for years, and they work well.

On the server side you just need plain old Apache, secure with username/password or certs
(but if you use certs, make sure you use a version of maven that supports them, some of the
versions are broken with respect to SSL handling with respect to certs and/or SNI)

In the pom, I have a distributionManagement section that looks like this:

  <distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>repo.example.com</id>
      <name>Example Repository</name>
      <url>dav:https://repo.example.com/dev/maven2</url>
    </repository>
    <site>
      <id>repo.example.com</id>
      <name>${project.name} Website</name>
      <url>dav:https://repo.example.com/dev/docs/${project.artifactId}/${project.version}/</url>
    </site>
  </distributionManagement>

I’ve also used this extension, though not sure if it is still required:

  <build>
    <extensions>
      <extension>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-beta-2</version>
      </extension>
    </extensions>