maven-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Rueden <ctrue...@wisc.edu>
Subject Re: Compilation Error -Incompatible Types
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 20:27:54 GMT
Hi Adrien,

> most of the time differences between eclipse and command line
> compilation are due to scopes problems.

I agree that Eclipse's handling of scopes is a common reason for code which
works in Eclipse, but actually fails on the CLI.

However, there are also significant differences in the compilers
themselves, which I have encountered quite frequently. In particular,
Eclipse tends to be laxer about complex generics expressions than javac is.

Regards,
Curtis