maven-users mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Offline builds nearly impossible
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:27:04 GMT
On Nov 13, 2015 9:45 AM, <cody.a.fyler@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to weigh in.
>
> This indeed does not function in what I would call an "intuitive" way.
>
> It would be really nice if offline mode meant just provide the switch and
everything used your local repo. No extra configuration or trickery
required.

+1

This would also help when your ISP looses service and you still want to get
some work done.

Gary

> I know in modern times, the idea of always being connected is the norm,
but if you KNOW you don't need any updates and you have a lot of deps, this
could speed up the build a bit. Especially if you are forced to use a 3G
connection for a build on an emergency basis in your job.

> Then again, it would also be nice if Santa Claus were real.
>
> When will Apache have their open source Santa project? ;)
>
> Cody Fyler
> Lending Grid Build Team
> G=Lending Grid Builds
> (515) – 441 - 0814

repository cache as an offline remote repository. However, the two aren't
the same in concept though, IIRC, the last time I tried. You still need to
keep the two separate.

> Now it would be interesting if a tool existed to copy the contents of a
local repository and scrub its local metadata. That would then give you a
true "remote offline repo".