maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>
Subject Re: Offline builds nearly impossible
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:17:11 GMT
If this does not work please let me know. This is what I’ve used in the past and if it doesn’t
work I agree it needs to be fixed. I honestly haven’t tried making a hermetically sealed
build in a few years but last year worked on a project that did no network traversal aside
from using file-based repositories and it all worked fine.

> On Nov 13, 2015, at 11:33 AM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Use a file based remote repository instead of trying to build in offline
>> mode.
>>
>> You can either use a repository manager to create the remote repository or
>> an empty local repository with a full build. As noted though, you have to
>> remove all local repository metadata and files if you create the
>> repository locally.
>>
>> Now that you have the repository that contains everything you need to
>> build create a settings.xml with a mirror pointing to a file-based
>> repository. You shouldn’t need to build in offline mode but using a
>> file-base repository in your mirror will effectively be the same. This way
>> you will not be subject to every Maven plugins potentially flaking
>> handling of offline mode.
>
> Good idea, thanks! And with a mirror setup to file:/// (except for that
> file-based remote repo) we can even verify that no offline access is
> required.
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance
with your thinking.

 -- Johann von Goethe