maven-users mailing list archives

From Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Locking down dependency versions...
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:07:28 GMT
Hi Kevin,

On 11/12/15 11:00 PM, Kevin Burton wrote:
> Just regular dependency versions.
>
> So if we're using 1.0.1 of library A I don't want adding adding library
> B to transitively change our dependency on library A...

If you have a direct dependency to library A in version 1.0.1 than
adding an other lib B which has a dependency to library A in version
2.0.0 your project will use 1.0.1...(the shorter the distance the more
important such an dependency is)...

So i don't see the point or do i misunderstand a thing?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise